martes, 25 de marzo de 2014

Brainstorm with "wall-wikis"

A wiki is a collection of pages with information on a topic which everyone can contribute to, edit and learn from.  Usually it's online, but why not do it offline?
Stick a lot of papers on the wall.  It's best if the teacher can "seed" the wiki by giving a few pages with examples or parts of examples.

I wanted my students to think about different kinds of structures for writing essays, letters, articles, stories etc. so each one got its own page.  For some, I put the whole structure, for some part of the structure, for some only the title.  I left the room for an hour (unavoidably meeting) and when I came back, the pages were full of ideas and students had even added new pages I hadn't thought of!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario